Canada Business Corporations Manual, 2nd Edition (formerly Canada Corporation Manual) (Print & ProView)
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
This manual is the second edition of the Canada Corporation Manual, which was first published in 1950. The manual provides Canadian corporate law practitioners with a comprehensive and up-to-date toolkit including:
- A narrative roadmap through the relevant statutes and regulations
- Authoritative commentary on case law developments
- Clear guidance on the technical aspects of federal corporate organization
- Maintenance and transactions
- A comprehensive collection of precedents, forms, and checklists
The title of the publication has been changed in this second edition from Canada Corporation Manual to Canada Business Corporations Manual to make it more readily identifiable as a book specifically dealing with business corporations, as opposed to federal non-share capital companies and similar not-for-profit corporations. With a new focus on business corporations, new chapters and subchapters have been added to round out the scope of the manual.
- A new Chapter 1 is devoted to the historical evolution of business corporations in Canada
- Chapter 2 considers the fundamental issue of the choice of business vehicle, which considers partnerships and trusts as alternatives to the corporation
- Chapter 10 provides a comprehensive treatment of corporate criminal and civil liability
- The material in Chapters 11, 12, and 13 dealing with directors and shareholders have been substantially augmented
Each chapter has been re-written to provide a more uniform and consistent style of presentation, as well as updating the forms, precedents and checklists.
Supplements invoiced separately.
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. You can download the ProView app at no cost for your tablet or computer, or sign in to the cloud-based version. Synced to the cloud, ProView lets you switch devices while keeping place in your research. You can also access your downloaded eBooks offline, and any notes you take will be saved and synced the next time you connect.
- Practice Area:
- Corporate & business organization
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications