Constitutional Law of Canada, 5th Edition CD-ROM
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Constitutional Law of Canada, Fifth Edition starts off from the fundamentals and dives deep into every topic, enough to prepare the reader to interpret the law.
All aspects of the subject are thoroughly analyzed, including
- Basic constitutional concepts such as, financial arrangements, the courts, the Crown, treaties, Parliamentary sovereignty, and delegation
- Distribution of powers including: criminal law, property and civil rights, transportation and communication, the family, Aboriginals, natural resources, taxation, and the fifth edition includes three new chapters dealing with citizenship and immigration, health, and social security
- Civil liberties: Charter application, limitation of rights, overriding rights, enforcement of rights, expression of rights, fundamental justice, search and seizure, and detention and arrest
- Practice-related issues: unconstitutional effect, standing and procedure, and evidence and proof
The fifth edition of Constitutional Law of Canada includes three chapters which provide more extensive treatment to issues that were covered only interstitially in the fourth edition.
- Chapter 26, Citizenship covers immigration and citizenship, among other things
- Chapter 32, Health brings together the many constitutional issues that have arisen in the field of health care, including the constitutionality of the Canada Health Act and the issues of access by deaf people (Eldridge), coverage of autism therapy (Auton) and the problem of excessive waiting times in the public system (Chaoulli)
- Chapter 33, Social Security covers unemployment insurance, old age pensions, workers' compensation and social assistance, all topics that have accumulated interesting constitutional decisions
This edition includes all relevant Canadian constitutional legislation, as well as the American Bill of Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, a more complete and up-to-date bibliography, and an index that is accurate for the whole of this edition.
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. You can download the ProView app at no cost for your tablet or computer, or sign in to the cloud-based version. Synced to the cloud, ProView lets you switch devices while keeping place in your research. You can also access your downloaded eBooks offline, and any notes you take will be saved and synced the next time you connect.
- Practice Area:
- Constitutional law
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications