Judicial Review in Labour Law (Print & ProView)
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
An award-winning looseleaf service that provides a comprehensive overview of what the courts have done, and are currently doing, when confronted with applications for judicial review of decisions made by labour tribunals. It discusses current case law from all Canadian jurisdictions and includes a discussion of the procedure and remedies available.
This text has been cited by courts of appeal across Canada and has been cited at least twice by the Supreme Court Association of Justice Counsel v. Canada (Attorney General), 2017 SCC 55 at para. 47; and Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) v. Khosa, 2009 SCC 12 at para. 80.
Inside Judicial Review in Labour Law, you will find
- More Canada-wide cases involving judicial review of labour relations tribunal decisions than in any other available resource
- An examination of the theoretical justifications offered for judicial review of administrative tribunals
- The historical evolution of judicial review standards in Canada
- Available procedures and remedies
- A brief historical account of the origins of the three types of labour relations tribunals: Labour relations boards, Labour arbitration tribunals and Statutory adjudicators
- Information on the appropriate standard for reviewing the decisions of labour arbitrators and the application of "reasonableness"
Supplements invoiced separately.
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. You can download the ProView app at no cost for your tablet or computer, or sign in to the cloud-based version. Synced to the cloud, ProView lets you switch devices while keeping place in your research. You can also access your downloaded eBooks offline, and any notes you take will be saved and synced the next time you connect.
- Practice Area:
- Labor & employment
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications