Regulatory Offences in Canada: Liability and Defences, Second Edition
Table of contents
Details and specs:
Regulatory Offences in Canada: Liability and Defences, Second Edition is a guide to the world of regulatory offences written by authors with over a half a century in practical legal experience.
Regulatory laws pervade our lives, controlling how we do everything from parking the car to fixing the roof to disposing of nuclear waste. They are meant to control and reduce the risks we impose upon each other through activities as diverse as driving, earning a living, building a house, or running an atomic power station.
Regulatory Offences in Canada: Liability and Defences, Second Edition is a guide to the world of regulatory offences written by authors with over a half a century in practical legal experience in this area of regulatory law. This text focuses on the unique problems in enforcing and defending public welfare law, and it reviews the concepts that arise from the case law. Whether you are a judge, a lawyer, an investigator, or a business person, this text will assist you in navigating these tricky waters.
New in this edition
- Expanded and updated discussion of the application of the Charter to regulatory offences generally and to corporations in particular
- Expanded and updated discussion of Administrative Monetary Penalties
- The Supreme Court’s rulings in Consolidated Maybrun and Al Lippert on the availability of collateral attacks on an order as a defence in regulatory offences
- The Supreme Court’s recognition of a limited defence of officially induced error
- The Supreme Court’s resolution in Hasselwander of whether strict or liberal statutory interpretation applies to penal regulatory statutes
- Updated analysis of compliance audits as a factor in establishing due diligence
- Discussion of the “Westray” amendments to the Criminal Code
- Practice Area:
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications