Study Gde To British Columbia Ohs Regulations 2020 Ed
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
This Study-Guide was developed to accompany the 2020 Edition of the HANDI-GUIDE to British Columbia's OHS Regulation. It is designed to be used in self-study, academic and corporate training settings and can help learners familiarize themselves with the main rights and obligations under British Columbia occupational health and safety legislation. Also available is an Answer Key for this publication.
Upon completion of this program, learners will:
- Understand the scope and structure of British Columbias OH&S legislation;
- Be aware of compliance requirements with all 34 parts of the B.C. OHS Regulation, as well as Part 2 of the Act; and
- Be able to find the answer to any question about the OHS Regulation in your copy of the HANDI-GUIDE.
New in This Edition:
This Study-Guide has been updated to reflect the following updates which were made to the 2020 Edition of the HANDI-GUIDE to British Columbia's OHS Regulation:
- Part 2 of the new (2019) Workers Compensation Act, plus Parts 1, 6 and 7 of the Act (new for the 2020 Edition).
- The current version of the OH&S Regulation.
- A Regulatory Update chapter with up-to-date, interpretive commentary on the latest regulatory developments in B.C.
- Five interpretive chapters that outline OH&S responsibilities, OH&S due diligence, actions for workers, actions for supervisors and the role of joint OH&S committees and health and safety representatives.
- A listing of online OH&S Resources.
- OHS-related amendments to the Workers Compensation Act in August 2020 (as part of Bill 23, the Workers Compensation Amendment Act, 2020), including changes to: allow for the courts to issue search and seizure warrants to WorkSafeBC when appropriate for investigating OHS infractions; allow for victim impact statements related to OHS prosecutions and trials; and allow for the courts to require employers to publish the facts of an offence, at their own expense.
- A summary listing of the most recent changes to the OH&S Regulation, including the definition of fire department within Part 31, Firefighting, and amendments to Section 20.47 (relating to concrete pumps) within Part 20, Construction, Excavation and Demolition.
- A summary listing of anticipated changes to other Parts of the OH&S Regulation later in 2020, based on completed consultations in late 2019 and early 2020; pending final approval, the changes will impact traffic control regulations, arborists, mobile equipment (including seat belts, air brakes, control on slopes, tire servicing, maintenance, means of escape, load ratings, safeguards, ROPS, ATVs), high visibility apparel, blasting operations, substance-specific requirements (including hazardous drugs and pesticides) and forestry operations.
- Proposed changes still at the public consultation phase.
- Practice Area:
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications