The 2020 Annotated Bank Act with Associated Regulations + CD
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
The Bank Act, explained
Now updated yearly, the 2020 Annotated Bank Act with Associated Regulations is the latest innovation in banking law guidance. This text explains, in simple language, each section of the federal Bank Act, and provides commentary on related regulations and caselaw.
This is the only softcover text available on the market that comprehensively cross references each section of the Bank Act to all current regulations, regulatory guidance from the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), and the Bank of Canada.
This edition also references all voluntary commitments and codes of conduct issued by the Canadian Bankers Association (CBA), and relevant guidance from the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC). This essential resource for practitioners, academics, and financial institutions is co-authored by a senior economic policy advisor from Finance Canada, and a senior practitioner from Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP.
- CD-ROM to enable searching of terms, full-text access to caselaw, regulations, regulatory guidance, and more
- Summary of the latest legislative and regulatory developments under a separate chapter entitled "Recent Developments"
- Overview of each part of the Bank Act under a separate chapter entitled "Key Elements of the Bank Act"
- Full text of the Bank Act and all associated regulations
- Comprehensive Table of Regulatory Guidance that cross references all relevant sections of the Bank Act, and includes all OSFI guidelines, advisories, rulings, letters, and guidance notes; FCAC Commissioner's Guidance and Bulletins; and CBA voluntary codes of conduct
- Comprehensive Table of Case Law, highlighting the latest cases for easy reference
- Comprehensive Table of Concordance and Index, updated annually
The 2020 Annotated Bank Act with Associated Regulations is an essential resource for anyone with an interest in the process for incorporating a bank, the rights of bank shareholders, the duties of bank directors and officers, the business of banking, consumer provisions, the ownership and investment rules, capital adequacy requirements, foreign banks, or bank holding companies.
- Practice Area:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications