The 2020-2021 Annotated Ontario Employment Standards Act
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
This annual publication provides annotations of noteworthy court decisions interpreting the various provisions of Ontario's Employment Standards Act, 2000. It includes the current full text of the Act along with commentary, selected relevant case law, and cross-references to related provisions. The publication also includes all regulations prescribed under the Act, as well as key forms, procedural guides, information sheets, and OLRB Information Bulletins.
In March 2020, the Act was amended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Act now provides for unpaid leave for persons unable to work either because they are personally affected by the COVID-19 crisis, or because they are providing care, assistance, or support to specified persons affected by the crisis.
The government also promulgated O. Reg 66/20: Infectious Disease Emergency Leave, which designated COVID-19 as an infectious disease for the purposes of the Act. Relatedly, the Ontario Labour Relations Board has released several special notices varying the boards procedures during the COVID-19 crisis. These are included in a new Appendix.
The boards rules, procedures, forms, and other materials have also changed in response to the Tribunal Adjudicative Records Act, 2019. The copies included in this edition have been updated accordingly.
Specific changes for this edition
- Updated ESA and annotations
- Employment Standards Act, 2000, S.O. 2000, c. 41 has been updated to reflect recent amendments.
- The annotations to the act have also been fully reviewed, with new case law and updated commentary.
- New Statutes Tribunal Adjudicative Records Act, 2019, S.O. 2019, c. 7, Sched 60
- New regulations under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 O. Reg 477/18
- Non-application of Act O. Reg 66/20
- Infectious Disease Emergency Leave under the Tribunal Adjudicative Records Act, 2019 O. Reg 211/19
- General updated statutes and regulations O. Reg. 285/01
- Exemptions, special rules and establishment of Minimum Wage Earner Protection Program Act, S.C. 2005, c. 47
- New OLRB materials for filing an application under the Employment Standards Act during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Notices to the community pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Practice Area:
- Labor & employment
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications