Weapons Offences Manual (Print & ProView)
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Instantly access all the legislation and case law relating to the possession, use, sale, storage, and handling of weapons and firearms in Canada with the Weapons Offences Manual.
Find annotated analysis, case authorities, and practical answers to all your questions related to firearms and weapons. Featuring more than 1,200 summarized cases and applicable legal principles, this book has all the legislation and case law you need to know.
This book will help you discover
- The background and history of the current legislation
- The technical requirements for proof of all weapons and firearm offences and the rulings on "adaptability"
- The constitutionality of specific firearms and weapons
- The definitions of prohibited and restricted firearms
- The definitions of prohibited and restricted weapons
- The four-year minimum sentences for 10 serious offences
- Regulations prescribing prohibited and restricted firearms and weapons
- The new provisions for Firearms Act Reference Hearings
- All the search and seizure cases with or without prior judicial authorization
- The case law in relation to Criminal Code offences that attract minimum sentences
Weapons Offences Manual offers the most expansive collection of the applicable legal principles and policies pertaining to firearms and weapons under federal legislation, making it indispensable in court.
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. You can download the ProView app at no cost for your tablet or computer, or sign in to the cloud-based version. Synced to the cloud, ProView lets you switch devices while keeping place in your research. You can also access your downloaded eBooks offline, and any notes you take will be saved and synced the next time you connect.
- Practice Area:
- Criminal law & procedure
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications