Regularly cited by appellate courts across Canada, including the Supreme Court of Canada, the Annual Review of Civil Litigation has been providing leading-edge coverage of the civil litigation issues of the day.
Each article in this edition is designed to help you understand how new developments in Canadian law will affect your practice.
Also included in this edition is a Consolidated Table of Contents, which provides a summary of all articles published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation since its inception in 2001.
New in this 20th Anniversary edition:
- Conducting an Effective Examination in Chief: The Art and Science of Persuasion Chapter XI
- Distinctively Canadian: Litigating the Constitutional Rights of Canadas Protected Linguistic, Denominational and Indigenous Communities
- Accessory Liability in Canadian Law
- Foreign Influenced? The Supreme Court of Canadas Reliance on Foreign Jurisprudence
- Maximus in Minimis: Damages for Stress, Worry and Inconvenience in Class Actions
- The Case for a Human Rights Exception to the State Immunity Act
- Deception Detection
- The Curial Review of Arbitral Awards after Vavilov
- A Principled Approach to Admissibility: The Admissibility of Wrongfully Obtained Evidence in a Civil Proceeding Revisited
- Employment Contracts and the State of the Law on Termination Clauses
- Telling the Story: Executing a Persuasive Cross-Examination of the Key Witness at Trial
- A Solution in Search of a Problem: Reconciling Parliaments Creation of a CSIS Human Source Privilege with Canadas Existing National Security Privilege
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? The Stay Motions Limited Contribution to the Overlapping Provincial Class Actions Problem
- A Paved Cow Path Is Not What We Had in Mind
- Shining a Light on Privacy: Untangling the Web of Canadian Privacy Laws
- Bypassing Accounts: How a Fiduciary Can Avoid a Formal Court Accounting
- The Indemnity and Hold Harmless Clause: The Interplay with the Duty to Defend
- The Cost of Discretion: Making Sense of Costs Awards in Cases with Divided Success