The basis of criminal and penal law is brought together in this economic and practical volume. It contains the full text of the Criminal Code of Canada as well as the most common related laws in the bilingual version. A comprehensive bilingual index and a detailed table of contents are also included.
New in the 2021 edition:
The 2021 edition includes all changes made to the Criminal Code and related laws up to June 22, 2020, as well as:
- Changes to the Criminal Code in articles 35 to 38 of the in implementation of the Agreement Act Canada United UnisMexique (SC 2020, c. 1), coming into force on July 1, 2020
- The amendments made to the Cannabis Regulation Act by sections 64 and 65 of the Act aimed primarily at promoting the efficiency of criminal justice and at establishing the terms of intervention of the Court of Quebec in an appeal [PL 32 (SQ 2020, c. 12)], entering into force on July 13, 2020.
You will also find the main changes that have come into force since the last edition as well as those that have been made, including:
- The Regulations Designating Firearms, Weapons, Parts or Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted (SOR / 98-462), amended in 2020 by SOR / 2020-96, were added to this edition of the Criminal Code Bilingual Codification
- The amendments to the Criminal Code made by sections 1 to 353 and 386 of An Act to amend the Criminal Code, the Youth Criminal Justice Act and other Acts and to make consequential amendments to certain Acts (SC 2019, c. 25)
- The amendments to the Cannabis Act provided for in section 400.1 of the Act to amend the Criminal Code, the Youth Criminal Justice Act and other Acts and to make consequential amendments to certain Acts (SC 2019, c. 25) entered into force on September 19, 2019
- The amendments to the Cannabis Act provided for in sections 1, 2, 4, and 5 of the decree amending Schedules 3 and 4 of the Cannabis Act (SOR / 2019-207) which came into force on October 17, 2019
- The law governing the cannabis (LQ 2018, v. 19) was modified by the tightening Act encadrement cannabis (LQ 2019, v. 21) sanctioned the November 1, 2019, Articles 4-11 and 22-24 are input into force on November 1, 2019, and Articles 1-3 and 12-21 are entered into force on January 1, 2020
- The Rules of Procedure of the Superior Court of Quebec, Criminal Division (2002), were amended by a Notice of Amendment to the Rules of Procedure of the Superior Court, Criminal Division (2002), which entered into force on November 5, 2019, and published on the site of the Superior Court of Quebec
- The legislation for the 2021 edition is up-to-date as of June 22, 2020