This concise and comprehensive resource contains all the latest legislative developments as well as useful commentary on decisions that interpret the law. It is supplemented with numerous Editor's Notes and case annotations, including new annotations.
New in This Edition
- Amendments on procedures regulating seizure, return, sale, destruction or disposal of items seized by officers including means of transportation, documents or other items.
- Creation of a new economic class, the Atlantic Immigration Program.
- Amendments to the definition of excessive demand, health services and social services and the determination of inadmissibility for health grounds, danger to public health or public safety and excessive demand.
- Amendments pertaining to electronic travel authorizations (eTA) specified for lawful permanent residents of the U.S. Individuals who are nationals of countries impacted by the Designated Countries of Origin policy may benefit from an automatic regulatory stay of removal pending an application for leave for judicial review.
- Funds for the Immigration Loan Program were increased.
- New measures enhance the protection of temporary foreign workers including requirements to provide information on workers’ rights, wages and working conditions and ensure access to healthcare for workplace injury or illness and possible emergency coverage.
- IRCC has implemented special measures to address ongoing international crises and conflicts and meet humanitarian objectives.
- IRCC has implemented updates to amend and clarify policies and program delivery for international students, open work permits under the temporary resident to permanent resident pathway, eligibility criteria and processing guidelines for occupation-restricted open work permits under the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot, issuance of super visas and guidelines for eligibility for maintained status pending processing of applications in Canada.
- Updates to Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada Chairperson Guidelines.