The perfect tool for all professionals who deal with education law. It also includes commentary on significant case law, links to other sections of the Education Act, references to sections of other education-related statutes and regulations, a table of concordance, as well as portions of statutes pertaining to family, municipal and administrative law.
What's New for 2023:
- Updates to the Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2, as amended by 2021, c. 34, Sched. 8; 2021, c. 40, Sched. 6, with respect to the election of members of a district school board, board meetings, reports of a chief executive officer and duties and responsibilities of supervisory officers.
- Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario v. The Crown in Right of Ontario as represented by the Ministry of Education (2022) (ON LA) (collective bargaining under the School Boards Collective Bargaining Act, 2014).
- Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association v. Ontario Catholic School Trustees’ Association (2022) (ON LA) (access to information for joint health and safety committees).
- Toronto District School Board v. CUPE, Local 4400 (2022) (ON LA) (mandatory vaccination policies for employees).
- D.P. v. Grand Erie District School Board (2020) (Ont. H.R.T.) (discrimination in relation to a ban on the applicant picking his son up from school).
- J.K.B. as represented by her Litigation Guardian v. Peel (Police Services Board) (2020) (Ont. H.R.T.) (racial discrimination of a 6-year-old handcuffed at school).
- Toronto District School Board v. Ontario (2021) (Ont. Div. Ct.) (school board financing and education development charges).
- Deuzeman v. Elgwaily (2021) (Ont. S.C.J.) (privilege applied to school records).
- Chang Maclean v. Toronto District School Board (2021) (Ont. Div. Ct.) (procedural fairness).
- R. v. Mills (2021) (Ont. S.C.J.) (criminal negligence versus duties under the Education Act).
- Ontario Teacher Candidates' Council v. The Queen (2021) (Ont. Div. Ct.) (standardized math testing).