6. Other Important Conditions
6.1. Limited Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- Thomson Reuters Canada disclaims any representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, including those of performance or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the features and data. Thomson Reuters Canada provides the features, forms and data “as is”, and does not warrant that the functions or that the operation or content will be:
- free from libelous content which is an invasion of privacy
- identical to the original source from which the data or features were obtained
- free from any software virus or other harmful component
- Thomson Reuters Canada shall not be liable for any loss or injury arising out of or caused, in whole or in part, by its negligent acts or omissions in procuring, compiling, collecting, interpreting, reporting, communicating, or delivering the data.
- Thomson Reuters Canada shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential, punitive or special damages of the Customer or of any third party claimed against the Customer, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits or revenue or failure to realize expected savings, however derived.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement or any statute or rule of law to the contrary, subject to section C above, the cumulative liability of Thomson Reuters Canada for all claims arising out of or in connection with this agreement and any schedules attached hereto, whether directly or indirectly, including, without limitation, from or in connection with the licence, use or improper functioning of the features and/or data shall not exceed all fees paid to Thomson Reuters Canada by the Customer for access to any of its online services pursuant to the associated agreement. The expression “Thomson Reuters Canada” in this section shall be deemed to include any licensors or third-party suppliers to Thomson Reuters Canada of data, and all gateway providers of data through Thomson Reuters Canada to the Customer.
6.2. Publishing disclaimer
Back to top
Products and services are designed to provide accurate and authoritative information but with the understanding that Thomson Reuters Canada is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Copyright © Thomson Reuters Canada, a division of Thomson Reuters Canada Limited or its licensors in all products and services provided by Thomson Reuters Canada. Reproduction in whole or in part of any Thomson Reuters Canada product or service, regardless of publishing format, is strictly prohibited. Reproduction, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, except as specified in the product Licence Agreement, constitutes copyright infringement without the prior written permission of the Publisher. Copyright is vigorously protected. Thomson Reuters Canada is committed to continuing its partnership with the professional community in promoting access to Thomson Reuters Canada products.
All pricing information related to this agreement is confidential pricing information of Thomson Reuters Canada. Customer agrees that disclosure of any pricing information related to this agreement would cause immediate harm to Thomson Reuters Canada. Thus Customer agrees to keep all such pricing information confidential, and Customer will take all reasonable precautions against any disclosure of such pricing information to any third person.
Access to online services is provided subject to a Licence Agreement which is available for viewing on the related product website. “Customer” in these terms & conditions is “Subscriber” or “User’ in the Licence Agreement.
With effect after the expiry of the notice to the Customer (which shall be deemed to have been given by Thomson Reuters Canada upon posting online on www.carswell.com or any other general or product specific website of Thomson Reuters Canada), Thomson Reuters Canada may amend these Terms and Conditions, other than with respect to price, during any Term of the contract, by giving at least 30 days prior notice of the amended Terms and Conditions to the Customers in writing or online, subject to the Customer’s termination rights below. Customer may terminate this Agreement immediately upon giving written notice to Thomson Reuters Canada within 30 days of being deemed to have received notice from Thomson Reuters Canada of amended Terms and Conditions. Any other amendment must be in writing and signed by both Thomson Reuters Canada and the Customer.