If you have ever had trouble collecting on an outstanding payment you need Debt Collection: A Step-by-Step Legal Guide.
This practical and authoritative work guides you through the process of collecting outstanding debts.
- An initial interview checklist
- Tips on locating the debtor
- Initiating legal actions – ordinary and simplified procedure
- Obtaining Judgment by Default and on Motion for Summary Judgment
- Enforcement procedures including Examination in Aid of Execution, Garnishment, Seizure and Sale of Assets, Required Searches before Seizure
- Precedents and procedures specific to Mortgage Actions, including Foreclosure
- Small Claims Court rules, procedures and forms
- Collection of Solicitor Accounts pursuant to the Solicitors Act
Also provided is a sample demand letter, the procedures involved in court as well as forms and precedents referencing the Rules of Civil Procedure,
the Small Claims Court Rules and various Acts, relevant to collections.