Financial Principles of Family Law is impressive in both its scope and its depth. Valuation concepts, approaches and methods are explained in simple language and are illustrated by reference to recent cases. This text will surely become an indispensable resource for family law practitioners.
Lorne H. Wolfson
Torkin Manes Cohen & Arbus, Toronto
This is the only reference of its kind to incorporate all of the financial aspects of marital dissolution – including valuation, taxation, Federal Child Support Guidelines, income determination and case law analysis – in one place.
This comprehensive, easy-to-use reference also includes:
- A detailed analysis of valuation concepts, terminology and methodologies for the valuation of business interests and other types of assets and liabilities, balanced with relevant case law analysis – giving you the tools to prepare for examination for discovery and cross-examination of other experts
- How to calculate income under the Federal Child Support Guidelines
- An entire section devoted to practical issues, including disclosure requirements, structuring and financing the equalization payment, and domestic contract provisions relating to value
- A comprehensive section devoted to the taxation aspects of family law
- A new chapter on the role of the independent expert
- All the latest developments in the law relevant to valuation, child support and taxation
- Over 1,000 cases cited
- Words & Phrases
- Terms Legislatively Defined
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™. This professional grade platform allows you to access your eBook(s) across a variety of browsers and devices.
Learn more at carswell.com/proview