Prosecuting and Defending Drug Offences
is a portable, practical guide that addresses all of the issues that arise in drug cases.
Inside you'll find:
- Discussion of substantive law as well as practical tips and procedural issues
- Unique considerations that may arise during a preliminary hearing for drug offences
- Evidentiary issues
- Detailed discussion and supporting case law on the most frequently engaged sections of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms during drug prosecutions
- Sample lines of questioning
- Sample forms and precedents
- Discussion of the proceeds of crime provision of the Criminal Code
- A comprehensive review of sentencing principles
- Key quotes from leading cases
Unique to Prosecuting and Defending Drug Offences
– a detailed overview of commonly used substances, explaining common weights and methods of drug use and distribution, prices and street terminology.