Instantly access all the legislation and case law relating to the possession, use, sale, storage and handling of weapons and firearms in Canada with the Weapons Offences Manual.
This resource offers thorough, annotated analysis, case authorities and practical answers to all your firearms and weapons questions.
More than 1,200 summarized cases and applicable legal principles.
Weapons Offences Manual
- The background and history of the current legislation
- The technical requirements for proof of all weapons and firearm offences and the rulings on "adaptability"
- The constitutionality of specific firearms and weapons sections
- The definitions of prohibited and restricted firearms, and prohibited and restricted weapons
- The four-year minimum sentences for 10 serious offences
- Regulations prescribing prohibited and restricted firearms and weapons
- The new provisions for Firearms Act Reference Hearings
- All the search and seizure cases with or without prior judicial authorization
- The case law in relation to Criminal Code offences that attract minimum sentences
offers the most expansive collection of the applicable legal principles and policies pertaining to firearms and weapons under federal legislation, making it indispensable in court.