Canadian Labour Reporter Special Report Occupational Health and Safety Across Canada, Second Edition
Details and specs
This book, written in an informative yet highly readable style, is designed to provide the reader with an overview of occupational health and safety (OH&S) law and practice across Canada. It combines a discussion of broad general principles with information pertaining to jurisdiction-specific legislative provisions in each Canadian jurisdiction. For this reason, it would be particularly suitable for occupational health and safety specialists, human resources practitioners and labour relations professionals in organizations that operate across multiple jurisdictions.
Chapter 1 highlights current issues in workplace health and safety in Canada. It also includes information on occupational injuries and diseases across Canada, providing statistical tables and noting the limitations of such statistics as measures of safety performance. Chapter 2 provides a guide to the jurisdictional framework for OH&S across Canada, including details on the major regulatory bodies and other legislation that has some relevance for workplace health and safety.
Chapters 3 and 4 provide a guide to the main OH&S legislative provisions across Canada, along with Appendices A and B that provides detailed tables showing these provisions as they apply in the various jurisdictions. Finally, Chapter 5 provides practical guidelines for complying with the legislation and implementing key OH&S programs.
NEW FOR THE SECOND EDITION
Updates for the second edition include the following:
- Comprehensive legislative updates across all Canadian jurisdictions;
- Updates reflecting the implementation of WHMIS 2015 across Canada (as a result of the adoption of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS));
- WHMIS 2015 transitional instructional and informational requirements for 2017 and 2018;
- Updated explanatory text on accident and incident investigations, including reference to the newly published Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standard on Incident Investigation;
- Extension of workers’ compensation coverage for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in a number of jurisdictions;
- New requirements relating to workplace harassment in Ontario;
- Updated tables outlining various OH&S and workers’ compensation legal requirements across the country – now included in two easily accessible appendices.
- Practice Area:
- Human Resources,Occupational Safety and Health Law
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications