Details and specs
Cause of Action: Professional Negligence A succinct overview of professional negligence law in an easy-to-understand format
Look to Cause of Action: Professional Negligence
for step-by-step guidance of the basic issues involved in pleading a case involving professional negligence, whether from the plaintiff's or defendant's side.
Subjects covered in this new primer include:
- Who is a professional?
- When is someone acting as a professional?
- Civil liability as compared to regulatory and criminal liability
- Professional liability as compared to professional negligence
- What are the elements of a cause of action for professional negligence
- What defences can be set up by a defendant to such an action
- Related claims going beyond negligence (such as breach of contract)
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Unjust enrichment
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Claims against third parties
- Consideration when drafting pleadings
- Remedies and more
This book also includes essential guidance and best practices on drafting pleadings either to assert a cause of action or to raise defences to an action, documentary discovery and practical guidance on conducting discoveries. All of this is provided in a succinct format that's easy-to-read and understand, making it an excellent starting point for your research.
Get more efficient at trial preparation
Cause of Action: Professional Negligence
contains a set of sample statements of claim as well as statements of defence in different professional negligence situations which illustrate how these actions and defences are pleaded succinctly and effectively.
Save time and effort selecting the relevant information you need whether expert commentary and analysis, sample precedents and pleadings, appendices featuring practical checklists, questions for interviews and discovery, or detailed investigation instructions. Benefit from the expertise of a practitioner with years of experience in professional negligence cases.
Get the comfort of knowing the necessary essentials are covered in one source.
- Practice Area:
- Tort & personal injury
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications