Law of Publication Bans, Private Hearings and Sealing Orders (Print & ProView)
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
As mass media becomes increasingly prominent and the internet allows information to be instantly disseminated on a global scale, new questions about the need for and effectiveness of publication bans are arising. This book is the only work that provides a comprehensive review of the statutory and common law of publication bans in Canada and restrictions on access to courts and court information by the public and media. It focuses on the exceptions to the principles of freedom of expression and freedom of the press, discussing leading cases, and relevant legislation in all Canadian jurisdictions.
The Law of Publication Bans, Private Hearings and Sealing Orders includes commentary on:
- Open courts and freedom of expression and the contrary interest of litigants and others in personal privacy, fair trials, confidential business information, police sources and techniques, integrity of trial exhibits, and state information on terrorism
- Common law, statutory publication bans, and access restrictions
- Bans in the context of civil, criminal, youth, family courts, and administrative tribunals
- Practice and procedure, detailing the legal tests, principles, case authorities, constitutional considerations, and burdens of proof
- Television and electronic access to trial courts
The wide range of forums and issues discussed to make it a useful reference for practitioners, tribunals, court administrators, journalists, and the judiciary in all areas of law.
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. You can download the ProView app at no cost for your tablet or computer, or sign in to the cloud-based version. Synced to the cloud, ProView lets you switch devices while keeping place in your research. You can also access your downloaded eBooks offline, and any notes you take will be saved and synced the next time you connect.
- Practice Area:
- Criminal law & procedure
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications