WHMIS 2015 Pocket Guide - 2017 Edition
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Editor: Don Buchanan
The WHMIS 2015 Pocket Guide – 2017 Edition is a great educational and learning tool for your workers and a practical reference aid. This handy, updated version of our WHMIS Pocket Guide reflects the latest Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) information that your workers need to know, including safe handling and use of hazardous materials, proper labelling, understanding how to use Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and much more. New and current employees need to understand WHMIS 2015 for their own safety and the safety of their co-workers. By law, employers must ensure that workers fully understand and comply with all workplace safe practices. This includes heeding all warnings, knowing how to deal with hazards and understanding the types of hazardous products they may encounter on the job (e.g., via labels and SDSs).
Protect your organization by ensuring your employees and supervisory personnel are informed about the new WHMIS 2015 program introduced as a result of the implementation of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) across Canada. Order an individual copy for all workers and supervisors who work or may work with hazardous products in your workplace. This includes safe handling, use, storage and disposal of chemicals and hazardous substances. The book is pocket-sized and coil-bound for easier reading. Ask about our quantity discounts.
New in this Edition:
- Fully updated content to reflect the new WHMIS 2015 program being rolled out across all Canadian jurisdictions as a result of the federal government’s implementation of GHS.
- Clear explanations of the main elements of WHMIS 2015 legislation, including labels, SDSs, and worker education and training
- Information on all WHMIS 2015 Pictograms, plus a cross-reference to WHMIS 1988 symbols.
- Descriptions of the over 30 hazard classes (including categories) listed under WHMIS 2015, including Physical Hazards and Health Hazards.
- Worker, employer and supplier duties under WHMIS 2015, plus information on the transition process from WHMIS 1988 to WHMIS 2015.
- Instruction on how to read a WHMIS label, plus insights on WHMIS 2015 labelling requirements.
- Information on how to read and understand the new 16-section Safety Data Sheet (SDS) (which replaces the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)), SDS information requirements under WHMIS 2015 and a glossary of terms found in SDSs.
- Clear and concise points about many other WHMIS-related topics, such as: GHS Environmental Hazard pictograms, TDG & WHMIS, PPE Symbols, Other Labelling, PACE Labels, NFPA Labels, WHMIS/TDG Labels, Consumer Chemical Labels, Generic Chemical Identity & Confidential Business Information, WHMIS 2015 Exclusions and a listing of Provincial/Territorial WHMIS Regulations.
- Practice Area:
- Environmental Law,Human Resources,Occupational Safety and Health Law
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications