Your trusted 1040 tax book for quick reference tax answers
The 1040 Quickfinder Handbook is your trusted source for quick reference to tax principles that apply when preparing individual income tax returns. It covers all aspects of preparing a Form 1040, including tax law changes and IRS developments, and is presented in a concise, easy-to-use format.
With the 1040 Quickfinder Handbook, you’ll be on top of the ever-changing tax rules that apply to your individual client returns. Whether determining how the tax rules apply to a particular transaction or event, or how to report a particular tax item on the return, or simply looking up an amount or rate, the Handbook gets you the accurate answers you need quickly. Here’s what you’ll get with this useful tool:
- Material that’s organized in a unique tab structure based on the IRS tax forms and schedules
- Loads of quick reference tables and charts get you the answers you’re looking for quickly
- Examples throughout that illustrate how the tax rules apply and how to report items on the return
- A What’s New tab that summarizes significant current-year tax changes that are addressed throughout the Handbook, so you can quickly get up to speed on what’s changed
- References throughout the Handbook to relevant Internal Revenue Code sections, IRS regulations and rulings, and court cases so you can dig deeper into a subject if needed
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) Coverage Includes:
- New Rules for Deductions and Exemptions. Provides what you need to comply with the Form 1040 and Schedule A changes for exemptions and standard and itemized deductions, including mortgage interest and state and local tax deduction limits.
- QBI Deduction. Leads you through the complex calculations required to maximize the Section 199A deduction for Qualified Business Income (QBI), including applying the multiple limitations for different types of businesses.
- Family Tax Considerations. Explains the Kiddie Tax changes, enhanced child tax credit, and increased limits for contributions to ABLE accounts.