This is a succinct and thorough treatment of one of the most highly charged public issues of our time – education and employment law. Practical and easy to use, this book helps you deal with myriad issues spanning from hire to retire.
Written in a question-answer format, this invaluable resource covers:
- The Employment Standards Act, 2000
- Duties of the employer and employee (both statutory and common law)
- Strikes and lockouts
- Issues "on the job"
- How decisions of the Supreme Court of Canada are shaping the law
Also addressed, the top five issues in education as suggested by a working educator:
- Liability for physical injury or illness
- Working with teachers in difficulty
- Violence in schools
- Inadequate supervision in the school
- Inappropriate contact between teacher and student
This insightful guide offers a true perspective of labour and employment law as it affects Ontario's education system and educators.