This is a step-by-step guide for school administrators, principals, vice-principals and teachers, providing practical advice to understand the complex issues in advance and to learn how to problem solve as issues unfold involving violence in Canadian schools.Written by a leading education law practitioner in clear and easy to understand language, you get practical advice that you can rely on.
Fully revised and updated – includes analysis of the significant changes to education legislation.
The second edition looks at the changing legislation and discusses the impact on educators of:
New chapters include:
- Bill 212, Education Amendment Act (Progressive Discipline and School Safety), 2007
- Bill 157, Education Amendment Act (Keeping our Kids Safe at School), 2009
- Bill 168, Occupational Health and Safety Ammendment Act (Violence and Harassment in the Workplace), 2009 . . . and more!
- Untangling the Web: Cyberbullying and the Law
- Duty to Report to the Principal
- The Role of School Administration
- The Youth Criminal Justice Act
- Guidelines for Conducting an Investigation