This service, available online in EmploymentSource
and in print, provides detailed coverage of occupational health and safety law in every jurisdiction in Canada – provincial, federal and territorial. It reviews health and safety law thematically and includes commentary, case law and practical analysis. It clearly sets out the statutes and regulations required for a solid understanding of your client's obligations, and each court and tribunal decision helps you determine how to reduce or avoid liability.
Must-know information includes:
Thomson Reuters ProView™
- The internal responsibility system
- The requirements for workplace joint health and safety committees and health and safety representatives
- The legal defence of due diligence
- Statutes, regulations, policy and case law that make up Canadian health and safety law
- The right to refuse unsafe work
- The authority of government inspectors in the workplace
- Judicial interpretation of the statutes and regulations
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Restrictions regarding smoking in the workplace
- Transportation of dangerous goods in Canada
- Alcohol and drugs in the workplace
and much more.
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView ebooks.