Class Actions in Canada is a respected and comprehensive guide to bringing and defending class actions in Canada
Class Actions in Canada is a respected and comprehensive guide to bringing, defending, and adjudicating class actions in Canada. This well-organized, easy-to-read text provides detailed analysis emphasizing the practical and tactical issues arising in class action litigation. It includes examples and direction through analysis of hundreds of class action cases litigated across Canada.
This important work features:
- Practical direction and commentary by one of the leading Canadian experts in class action litigation
- Guidelines for drafting pleadings
- Expert guidance on the effective use of class actions in different legal areas such as: securities, environmental law, and product liability
- Analysis of class action case law regarding current topics including managing multiple actions, pre-certification motions, costs and funding
- Detailed Canada-wide coverage; including the full text of all the class action legislation and local rules from across the country
- Statistical data on certification outcomes and fee determinations
- Analysis of all significant class action case law from across Canada (including Quebec)
- A comprehensive bibliography of class action articles.
Also available as an eLooseleaf on ProView with an integrated search option for WestlawNext Canada subscribers. See all available titles