Draws together into one volume all of the law and policy relating to contaminated land, including both the statutory regime under Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and other liability regimes such as water pollution, waste, ractioactivity, pollution prevention and control, common law and the EU Liability Directive. Covers the practical aspects of development and clean-up, the commercial implications, the international context and the complex technical issues.
- Draws together into one volume all the law and policy relating to contaminated land, including both the regime set up under Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and other liability regimes such as water pollution, waste, radioactivity, pollution prevention and control (PPC), common law, and the EC Liability Directive
- Covers the practical aspects of development and clean-up, including site investigation, planning and building control, waste disposal, contracts and funding
- Explains the commercial implications, including due diligence, information sources, appointment of consultants, property and corporate transactions, funding, insolvency, and insurance
- Puts the subject into an international context, looking at EU initiatives, contaminated land in other jurisdictions, and multi-national transactions
- Provides expert guidance on the increasingly complex technical issues, such as standards and guidelines, risk, investigation and assessment, remediation, and monitoring
- Includes a selection of precedents to assist with the drafting of the necessary notices and other documents
- Discusses all relevant new case law
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).