Make Legal Research Easy with CriminalSource
Access the largest collection of case law, annotations and commentary from criminal law experts.
Find criminal law cases from all Canadian jurisdictions (constitutional, evidence and immigration decisions), including the Criminal Reports and Motor Vehicle Reports, plus an archive of relevant reported and unreported decisions. Get invaluable insight and analysis from a panel of criminal law experts: Superior Court justices, leading practitioners and academics; including The Honourable Justice David Watt, The Honourable Madam Justice Michelle Fuerst, Murray D. Segal, John L. Gibson and Professor Don Stuart.
- EXCLUSIVE Annotations: Commentary, case annotations and related provisions from Tremeear's Annotated Criminal Code and Tremeear's Annotated Related Criminal Statutes; Case digests and legislative histories from Crankshaw's Criminal Code of Canada; Case digests from Nadin-Davis, Canadian Sentencing Digest
NEW Cournoyer et Ouimet, Code criminel annoté
- EXCLUSIVE Carswell Law Reports: Criminal Reports and Articles, Motor Vehicle Reports and Articles, Immigration Law Reporter
- Full Text Criminal Case Law: Decisions published in Carswell Law Reports, including the Criminal Reports (1946- ), Motor Vehicle Reports (1977- ) and Immigration Law Reporter (1987- ); Reported court decisions from 1977; Reported tribunal decisions from 1997; Unreported court decisions from 1986; Supreme Court of Canada and Privy Council decisions from 1876; Federal Court decisions reported in the Federal; Court Reports from 1971, Exchequer Court decisions through 1970, and Federal Trial Reports from 1977; Québec decisions of national importance as well as Québec Court of Appeal decisions from 1986
- Legislation: Criminal and related legislation essential to a criminal law practice including federal statutes in English and French and selected provincial statutes, as well as selected regulations and rules of court
- EXCLUSIVE Newsletter: Justice David Watt's Criminal Law and Evidence Newsletter
- EXCLUSIVE Additional Authored Commentary: Watt's Manual of Criminal Evidence; Canadian Criminal Code Offences; Criminal Law Evidence, Practice and Procedure; Disclosure and Production in Criminal Cases; Canadian Criminal Law Review
- Criminal Law Digest: Search by issue by selecting from the following topics: General Principles, Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Constitutional Authority, Search and Seizure, Invasion of Privacy, Evidence (select from a drop-down list of topics), Offences (select from a drop-down list of topics), Defences, Procedure, Sentencing, Correctional Issues, Appeals and Extraordinary Remedies, Special Topics: Young Offenders, Dangerous Offenders, Extradition. Contains every criminal law digest found in The Canadian Abridgment including: Supreme Court of Canada and Privy Council decisions from 1876; Virtually every case reported in Canada back to 1803, and every case received from the courts since 1986, whether reported or unreported, with the exception of Québec civil law KeyCite Canada, online citator from WestlawNext® Canada based on The Canadian Abridgment’s suite of authoritative citator services: Canadian Case Citations; Canadian Statute Citations; Rules Judicially Considered
- Variety of search methods, including: terms and connectors, natural language, or templates customized by document type
- Search-within-a-search functionality enables you to locate information precisely every time
- All related information accessible with a click of a mouse from links in the left frame
- Preview a document in the Link Viewer
- Link from: legislation to annotations; annotations to full text cases; case law to other Canadian or foreign cases; newsletters to cases, treatises, commentary, legislation and rules; commentary to cases and legislation; Criminal Law Digest and much more
For information regarding pricing for WestlawNext® Canada, please contact your Carswell representative or call 1-866-609-5811.