For a world where constant change is the status quo, three experienced, authoritative practitioners offer this comprehensive, up-to-date guide to all aspects of Electronic Commerce, including:
- The protection of intellectual property online, including copyright, trademarks and unfair competition, confidentiality and trade secrets, and such specialized issues as the copyright of databases
- Criminal, tort and privacy issues, from liability for cyber-crimes to defamation and spamming
- Issues relating to website content, be it advertising, marketing and promoting online, licensing content, or links, frames and meta tags
- Discussion of the fundamental concerns of e-commerce: information security, privacy obligations, export controls, online contracting, domain names, payment systems and electronic cash, taxation, electronic records and consumer protection
- Liability issues for Internet service providers, website operators, corporate and individual users
- Others topics addressed are employers and the Internet, regulation of the Internet, Internet-based agreements, and sector specific issues such as online banking, insurance, securities, etc.
Written with the practitioner in mind, this work is organized in an accessible and well-indexed looseleaf format to facilitate regular updates from its distinguished contributors.