Comprehensive, up-to-the-minute access information and privacy legislations, this looseleaf is an indispensable reference source. It provides the reader with all the tools necessary to understand, interpret and apply the provisions of the federal access to information and privacy legislation. In addition to substantive law and expert analysis, this comprehensive reference is updated regularly throughout the year, and includes under a single cover an encyclopedic treatment of the legislative history, court decisions as well as dicta, and the myriad administrative publications published by the federal government, namely:
- Three historical chapters respecting historical governmental discussion papers, and parliamentary debate concerning the creation of the Access to Information Act and its subsequent operation in practice
- Fully annotated Access to Information Act and its Regulations, Privacy Act and its Regulations and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- Bilingual (English/French) Business Guide for protecting "Confidential" commercial or trade information from disclosure under the access legislation
- Citizen's Guide on how to make effective use of the access legislation. Contains precedents and actual examples of successful applications. Reveals tried and proven techniques used by experienced users of this statute.
- Guide for the litigant, which includes guidelines for those who wish to apply to the Federal Court
- New sections on identity theft, internet security and privacy concerns with social networks
- Tables of Concordance.
Thomson Reuters ProView™
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
Visit carswell.com/proview to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView ebooks.