Good Faith in Canadian Insurance Law
will give practitioners and insurance professionals the information they need when dealing with bad faith claims in insurance law.
Keeping you up to date with the law, this book includes:
- Whether there is an implied obligation of good faith in contract
- The issues raised by such an obligation
- The application of the obligation of good faith to insurance in Canada
- A critical analysis and summary of existing law
- Detailed suggested approaches to bad faith claims for insurers, insureds and others affected by insurance
- What does a good faith obligation apply to, and what does it not
- Possible novel applications for a good faith obligation
An important resource for anyone doing insurance-related work.
- Practitioners will gain a solid understanding of the principles of the implied obligation of good faith and get practical guidance on handling cases based on existing case law and analysis.
- Insurance industry professionals and in-house counsel will get a better sense of the law and more clarity on the limits of their obligations.
- Counsel will benefit by understanding how to avoid and respond to bad faith claims and manage litigation more effectively