Miller’s Australian Competition and Consumer Law Annotated has established itself as the essential resource on the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). Practitioners, businesses, academics and students will benefit from the updated legislation in this 41st edition, and from Russell Miller’s expert annotation commentary at provision level, guiding readers through the meaning of the law with the benefit of judicial interpretation of the provisions of the Act. The book also contains related legislation and materials.
The legislation is consolidated to 1 January 2019. As ACCC Chair, Rod Sims says in the Foreword to this edition:
“This 41st edition of Miller’s Australian Competition and Consumer Law Annotated comes at a time of exciting firsts in the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA).”
The highlights of this edition are:
- Clarification and strengthening of the consumer protections associated with consumer guarantees, unsolicited consumer agreements, product safety, false billing, unconscionable conduct, pricing and unfair contract terms by the Treasury Laws Amendment (Australian Consumer Law Review) Act 2018 (Cth).
- Increased penalties for consumer breaches introduced by the Treasury Laws Amendment (2018 Measures No. 3) Act 2018 (Cth).
- Full Federal Court decision in ACCC v Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd  FCAFC 78, with implications for the new s 46.
- Full court clarification of what a ‘system of conduct’ requires for unconscionable conduct in Unique International College Pty Ltd v ACCC  FCAFC 155.
- Update of the principles for the application of ACL s 18.
- Misleading labels – the Full Federal Court view in Aldi v Moroccanoil  FCAFC 93.
- The bank unconscionable conduct case – ASIC v CBA  FCA 941.
- A full review and refresh of the annotations was undertaken for this edition.
“Miller’s Australian Competition and Consumer Law Annotated” has been the indispensable guide to competition and consumer law for 40 years.”
From the Foreword by Rod Sims, Chair of the ACCC, to the 40th edition of Miller’s
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).