Provides insightful analysis of trade-mark law practice and procedure before the Canadian Trade-marks Office and Trade-marks Opposition Board.
Help your company or clients administer trade-marks in Canada Get the information you need to effectively administer trade-marks in Canada. Odutola on Canadian Trade-mark Practice provides an insightful analysis of trade-mark law practice and procedure before the Canadian Trade-marks Office and Trade-marks Opposition Board. This two-volume looseleaf service is the most comprehensive resource of its kind. Be informed about the Canadian legal landscape Volume I covers both the substantive and procedural aspects of prosecuting a trade-mark application, effecting changes of title, perfecting security interests, and amending and renewing a registration. Volume II covers the fundamentals of trade-mark opposition practice, including the jurisdiction of the Trade-marks Opposition Board as an administrative tribunal, evidentiary and pleading requirements, and the mechanics and strategies of trade-mark opposition and summary cancellation proceedings. The text is supported by extensive references to case law, statutes, annotated crossreferences to the Trade-marks Act and Trade-marks Regulations, Trade-marks Office and Trade-marks Opposition Board Practice Notices and other source materials. Build Better Business Strategies Work more effectively with your Canadian counterparts on handling all aspects of trade-mark administration. Odutola on Canadian Trade-mark Practice is the only text that analyzes and clearly details the practice and procedure of the Canadian Trade-marks Office and Trade-marks Opposition Board with respect to filing, examination, postadvertisement, registration and post-registration issues. This resource includes:
- A comprehensive step-by-step analysis of trade-mark prosecution and opposition practice
- An overview on drafting and preparing trademark applications/request for public notice of official marks
- Summaries of prosecution before the Canadian Trade-marks Office
- In-depth analysis and response to office actions
- Details on transferring and collaterizing trademarks
- Guidance on how to file and conduct trademark opposition proceedings
- Guidance on how to file and conduct summary cancellation proceedings (s. 45)
- Analysis of practice, procedural and substantive issues relating to the securitization and assignment of trade-mark applications or registrations
For legal practitioners, Odutola on Canadian Trade-mark Practice offers unique insights on the finer distinctions of Canadian Trade-Marks Office and Opposition Board practice.
Also available as an eLooseleaf on ProView with an integrated search option for WestlawNext Canada subscribers. See all available titles http://store.thomsonreuters.ca/elooseleaf