Get the practical guidance on quickly assessing the value of personal injury claims with Ontario Personal Injury Damages Calculator
Ontario Personal Injury Damages Calculator is a powerful yet easy-to-use Excel tool that allows you to quickly assess the value of a personal injury claim.
Use Ontario Personal Injury Damages Calculator to calculate life expectancies, discount rates, prejudgment interest amounts, mortality rates, contributory negligence reductions, statutory deductibles, and the current value of future care costs in minutes.
Get the practical guidance you need to value cases:
- Calculate compound interest on overdue Accident Benefits in accordance with the Ontario Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, O. Reg. 34/10 (SABS)
- Calculate formal contingency fees properly (with all cost contributions properly being allocated to the client).
- Quickly revise damage assessments during settlement meetings, pre-trials, and mediations.
- Manage mediations by calculating the true value of settlement offers.
- Present a polished and persuasive case using the easy-to-read, printable colour report.
- Transfer data directly into directions, fee accounts and Standard Releases.
Designed by Darcy Merkur, a renowned personal injury lawyer, Ontario Personal Injury Damages Calculator is an essential tool for both personal injury lawyers and insurance adjusters.
New in the 2018 Update
- Update to Ontario Discount Rate for 2018
- Update to Prejudgment Interest tables
- Correctly applies Prejudgment Interest on generals for all motor vehicle accident cases (not just new ones) at the CJA rate
- Correctly applies the motor vehicle act deductibles based on the assessment/settlement date
- Includes the new mortality tables (for 2011-2013)
- Includes a Convention Cost rate (15% on the first $100,000 in damages and 10% thereafter)
Also available through Personal Injury Practical Guidance module on Litigator