This authoritative guide provides expert analysis and commentary on every aspect of publicity and privacy. Includes actual text and research references for selected state statutes. Covers state common law, and federal and foreign law. Encompasses the history and development of the rights of publicity and privacy; policy reasons for the right of publicity; elements of infringement; who and what are protected; a survey of legal rights; legal sources defining rights; Constitutional issues; infringing use of personal identity in a commercial setting and in the media; postmortem right of publicity; assignments and licenses; procedure, remedies, and defenses. Includes Table of Cases.
- Authoritative coverage provides answers to questions on every aspect of publicity and privacy
- Covers state common law and federal and foreign law with text and research references to reduce research time
- Easy to use
- Extensive coverage of who and what are protected
- Includes appendix and table of cases
- Includes detailed information on trademarks and false advertising, copyright, misappropriation, defamation and other related torts