This new edition of Rowlatt on Principal and Surety provides you with in-depth commentary and analysis of the law of suretyship and the law of guarantees. Regularly cited in court, this well-known title examines the fundamental concepts and the latest developments in this area of the law, bringing you authority you can rely on.
- Provides a concise account of the law, including definitions and interpretations, allowing you to quickly and easily identify the key points when researching and preparing for a case or advising clients
- Revised and updated to incorporate modern developments such as the Consumer Credit Act 2006, performance bonds, misrepresentation, and undue influence, as well as new case law such as Royal Bank of Scotland v Etridge
- Makes reference to Commonwealth and US authorities where relevant
- Includes practical drafting guidance, such as a draft Bid Bond and a draft Advance Payment Bond as well as selected sections from relevant statutes including the Insolvency Act and recent EU legislation
- Essential for lawyers and practitioners in all areas of commercial law, Rowlatt on Principal and Surety brings you trusted authority and extensive coverage of the law of suretyship and the law of guarantees
New in this edition
This text contains new material on:
- Performance bonds
- Statute of Frauds
- Undue influence
- Unfair contract terms
- Construction of contract
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).