Expert guidance on the changing condominium law
Well-known condominium authority Audrey Loeb brings you up to date on all the opportunities and challenges of the Condominium Act, 1998, as well as other complex issues arising in the field.
This 5th edition fully updates the reader with the latest developments of the Ontario Condominium Act, 1998, including the extensive changes introduced by the Protecting Condominium Owners Act, 2015. Written for lawyers, property managers, boards of directors, and unit owners alike, here is the most convenient source of answers to the questions that arise daily.
Key features of this edition include:
- Over 45 "how to and what you need to know" checklists of the key condominium functions and procedures, such as obligations of board members, notice requirements, records retention, meetings, voting, by-laws, rules, reserve funds, status certificates, and maintenance and repair
- Complete annotations of the Condominium Act, 1998, and the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act (Tarion Warranty Corporation) with fully updated case law and relevant provisions of related regulations, as well as forms
- Introduction to the Condominium Authority of Ontario, and of the Condominium Management Services Act, 2015, including regulations
- Practical commentary and clear explanations of the rights and responsibilities imposed by the legislation
- Detailed cross references
- Tarion Warranty Corporation addenda to purchase agreements
Stay up to date with the online version*
This book is now available as an eBook* on Thomson Reuters ProView. You can access the online version where you need it most – everywhere. As the legislation changes, we’ll keep you current with periodic updates.
ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. See all available titles: store.thomsonreuters.ca/ebook
*Online version on ProView will be updated periodically at a nominal charge as significant provisions of the legislation and regulations come into force. Subscription coverage: you’ll continue to receive ongoing updates until the next edition.