Latest developments in Canadian employment law and answers to employment law issues
Edited by: Jennifer Cleversey Moffitt, B.A., LL.B., MBA, and Janine Denney-Lightfoot, B.A., LL.B., LL.M..
Providing vital information and practical guidelines for resolving daily employment issues nationwide, you can turn to this resource for:
- Commentary on current developments in labour and employment law
- Analysis of important recent decisions from employment tribunals and courts across Canada, and occasionally other jurisdictions
- Coverage of various areas of controversy and the problem–solving information necessary to avoid litigation
Your subscription includes two double issues: "Employment Standards Laws: A National Survey" and "Do Your Application Forms and Employment Interviews Meet Human Rights Standards?" Also, find answers to your most pressing questions such as:
- How much notice of termination of employment is enough?
- What are the benefits of a written contract of employment?
- What constitutes just cause for termination?
- What happens when an employee's and the employer's rights are in conflict?
- What constitutes sufficient mitigation of loss by dismissed employees?
You'll find out the appropriate action to take in each situation, the documentation to provide, and the possible consequences of inaction.