Identify the cases and trends that are important to your labour and arbitration practice and your workplace with Willis & Winkler on Leading Labour Cases 2019
You'll find expert analytical review of key decisions and trends from across Canada and get clarification of the significance of these recent developments. Willis & Winkler on Leading Labour Cases, 2019 is written by experts who are uniquely qualified to select the leading cases and provide concise analysis and commentary on trends and emerging issues in labour law. These authors are also editors of Labour Arbitration Cases, a law report service that compliments this resource.
- In-depth discussion of Re OPPA and Ontario Provincial Police, a case dealing with failure to accommodate a mentally unwell employee in a very safety sensitive occupation — policing.
- Discussion of the impact of the opioid crisis on workplaces as well as discussion of matters of safety pertaining to teachers – for example, aggressive or violent students and moldy classrooms.
- Further discussion of the employment challenges associated with marijuana-using employees now that recreational marijuana use is legal in Canada.
- A look at employer policies – beyond health and safety policies. For example, name tags, vaccinate or mark, and in-cab camera policies.
- Examination of an array of disciplinary offences – “moral” lapses of integrity.
- Updates on the case law dealing with disciplinary penalties and procedures.
- Updates on the law of discrimination.