The Canadian Human Rights Act is the central federal legislation that protects the right of individuals to freely participate without unlawful discrimination in all key aspects of society including employment. The Canadian Human Rights Act: Quick Reference, 2022 Edition is intended to provide federal employers, employees and bargaining agents with a complete, yet concise, overview of the Canadian Human Rights Act and its potential impact on those operating in federally regulated industries. Any employer or service-provider whose enterprise falls within this federal sphere is well advised to familiarize itself with the provisions of the Act. This Quick Reference will also be of interest to human resources professionals across Canada – particularly in federally regulated industries.
New in the 2022 Edition:
- Numerous updates, clarifications and enhancements, including information on recent case law.
- Updates to the Canadian Human Rights Act and associated Regulations.
- Changes relating to gender expression, family status discrimination and genetic characteristics.
- Updates to the complaint and investigation processes under the Act and procedures before the Tribunal.
- Updates regarding Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program.