This is a comprehensive resource with expert insights, detailed annotations, and updated amendments – all in a portable, two-volume format. It features extensive tax rate tables and the full text of the Canada-U.S. and Canada-U.K treaties.
What's New in This Edition:
- S.C. 2022, c. 10 (Bill C-19), Budget Implementation Act, 2022, No. 1: Certain 2022 Federal Budget proposals and some provisions of February 4, 2022, and earlier draft legislation (throughout the Act and Regulations); Select Luxury Items Tax Act (consequential amendments)
- S.C. 2022, c. 5 (Bill C-8), Economic and Fiscal Update Implementation Act, 2021: Certain measures tabled in the Economic and Fiscal Update 2021, including the new Small Businesses Air Quality Improvement Tax Credit and Farmers Fuel Charge Refundable Tax Credit; expanding the Northern Residents Deduction and School Supplies Tax Credit; Underused Housing Tax Act (consequential amendments)
- April 7, 2022, Federal Budget, including proposed amendments (Notice of Ways and Means Motion) not included in Bill C-19 and excerpts from the Budget Supplementary Information and chapters of the Budget Plan (throughout the Act and Regulations)
- April 29, 2022 draft legislation: Hybrid mismatch arrangements (ITA 12.7, 18.4, 20(1)(yy), 113(3), (5), 214(17), (18))
- February 4, 2022 draft legislation: Many outstanding Budget 2021 measures and other previously released measures (some now enacted by Bill C-19)
- Bill C-22, Canada Disability Benefit Act (First Reading June 2, 2022): Consequential amendment (ITA 241(4)(d)(vii. 51))P.C. 2022-46 and P.C. 2022-265: Amendments to Reg. 8901.2 (CEWS and CERS)
- P.C. 2022-197: Amendments to Reg. 100(3) in force January 1, 2023
- Various announcements from Finance, CRA, and other government departments providing administrative relief, etc. and indicating possible legislative amendments
- New Selected Cases annotations to reflect important jurisprudence since the last edition
Why do thousands of practitioners choose the Practitioner's Income Tax Act over any other income tax act?
- "Practitioner's Income Tax Act is...an invaluable reference work that I would not want to be without."
– the late Robert McMechan, HazloLaw
- "I have been using (this act) for a number of years now, and every time I read a provision, I make sure that I read the related notes, which are incredibly useful..."
– Birju Shah, Senior Manager, International Corporate Tax, KPMG LLP
- ''...Often, the answer to an issue has been cited in the PITA Notes but not in the other version. That has made my choice obvious for many years."
– Hugh Neilson, Director, Taxation Services, Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP
- “...There’s, quite frankly, no comparison on the market.”
– Jamie Golombek, Managing Director, Tax & Estate Planning, CIBC Private Wealth Management
- “A unique work is an essential tool and always at my fingertips. I can’t imagine my tax litigation practice without it.”
– David Chodikoff, Partner, Miller Thomson LLP
- “...The Notes are the best starting point for any tax research. A must!”
– Jacques Bernier, Partner, Bennett Jones LLP
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. The Thomson Reuters ProView web-based application is accessed via your browser. With the new ProView web app, offline capability is now available from your browser. The web application has a responsive design and is compatible with desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.